DuPont Safety Health Environmental Specialist in Wilmington, Delaware
Safety Health Environmental Specialist (Job Number: 017337W-01)
Working with Facilities Service & Real Estate (FS&RE) and Research & Development (R&D) business customer line management, employees and safety, health & environmental committees, provide resourcing, consulting and interpretation related to safety and occupational health (S&OH) procedures, policies and regulations to meet SHE objectives.
• Participate and resource job safety analysis of work areas and identify safety, health and environmental issues. Recommends improvements and standardization to practices and procedures to ensure safe and healthy work conditions for employees. Provides compliance advice to eliminate exposure to S&OH risks. Keep the line organization appraised in making timely adjustments and continuously improve performance indicators through statistical analysis, performance metrics, monitoring results, etc.
• Participate in on-site S&OH committees.
• Resource or facilitate with line management the investigations of occupational injuries, illnesses and incidents, to determine key factors and learning's of each incident, and recommend improvements to prevent recurrence. Work with existing systems for report writing and trend analysis. Provide resourcing for injury, illness classifications and recording.
• Participate and resource 1st party S&OH audits. Work with existing systems for report writing and trend analysis.
• Train and educate site personnel on safety & health-related issues. Documents and maintains required training records per organizational and corporate guidelines. Gather and communicate metrics and maintain systems to track necessary data for internal safety, health and environmental reporting.
• Participate in front end loading and pre-job planning of projects to advise site on relevant safety and health issues. Recommend and influence project team decisions on appropriate procedures as it relates to safety and occupational health.
• Work with internal safety, health and environmental personnel for self development and to continuously improve and enhance technical knowledge base and skills. Keep current on relevant S&OH literature, research, regulations, corporate standards, policies, trends and events.
• Provide safety consultation during emergencies on normal-regular and off-hours.
Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent experience in an Occupational Safety or affiliated discipline or another applicable technical field (engineering, chemistry, biology, physiology) and a minimum of 3 years safety experience.
Working knowledge ofOSHA regulations and occupational safety principles. Have a sound foundation of understanding and ability to use technical/functional knowledge in area of occupational safety and health to meet business needs.
Demonstrated ability to work independently (self manage, plan and organize work, establish goals and objectives) with minimal day-to-day supervision, effectively manage multiple and changing priorities and to participate with teams/work groups to assess hazards, provide solutionsand identify opportunities for improvements in meeting regulatory, corporate and organizational compliance.Ability to draw from experience and knowledge of technical learning's and from peer resources to arrive at professional decisions (with peer review) to recommend to site employees.
Demonstrated skills to work effectively, professionally and respectfully in a team-based environment and to promote respectful interaction with others in all aspects of people interactions. Ability to build professional relationships, and to involve, and network with peers, customers, line management and technical competency experts.Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Demonstrated ability to influence others in support of organizational goals andobjectives.Ability to get agreement in an environment of common and conflicting needs.Finds alternative pathways to act when barriers are encountered.
Demonstrated effective oral presentation, report writing, and other written communication skills.
Demonstrated skill in operation of office and database computer software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Demonstrated ability to complete projects that meet regulatory and organizational requirements and that meet the quality, schedule, and budget needs of the sponsor in a narrow, well-defined area of focus with some guidance.
Demonstrated ability to maintain and renew technical and regulatory expertise (active learner).
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Possesses strong organizational skills.
May be periods of time when on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Requires the use of PPE (e.g., safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves, hearing protection, etc.)
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.