DuPont Imaging Scientist in Telangana, India
Imaging Scientist (Job Number: 013489W-01)
DuPont Pioneer is the world leader in plant biotechnology area including discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics. DuPont Pioneer is aggressively building Big Data and Predictive Analytics capabilities in order to deliver improved services to our customers. We are currently seeking an Imaging Scientist with a background in image analysis, computer vision and pattern recognition to join our team at the DuPont Knowledge Center in Hyderabad, India for our global Data Science and Informatics group. At DuPont Pioneer, you’ll become part of a work environment that nurtures your interests, ignites your passion, creates opportunities to serve and helps you attain success–both personally and professionally. The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience. This is a critical position with the potential to make immediate, significant impact on our business.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background and track record in image analysis or computer vision. She/he will work closely with other imaging specialists, software engineers, and data scientists in a dynamic research environment to design and implement sophisticated end-to-end solutions for image-based plant phenotyping and field trials (remote sensing, satellite imagery). The candidate will need to have an in-depth understanding of imaging theory, technologies & techniques and be able to independently create technical solutions to a wide range of image analysis problems requiring collaboration with key stakeholders.
Education and experience:
· Ph.D. in Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Computational Photography or Artificial Intelligence
· Alternatively, a Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Physics, Mathematics or related field or related scientific discipline with 2yrs+ of demonstrated experience specifically in image processing or computer vision.
· Master’s degree in Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition or Artificial Intelligence with 6yrs+ of equivalent experience.
· Deep understanding of image processing and analysis algorithms and tools for RGB, hyperspectral, fluorescence, LIDAR and 3D imaging including detecting and classifying objects in complex low/medium/high resolution datasets.
· Experience in the design and optimization of deep neural networks architectures for image classification, sematic segmentation, machine vision applications.
· Strong programming skills in Python and C/C++ programming with the ability to quickly create prototype solutions on Unix / Linux platforms.
· Experience working with open source libraries and toolkits such as SciKit-Image, TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, OpenCV, Caffe, ROS, ORB_SLAM, VLFeat.
· Practical cloud computing experience with AWS technologies (EC2, S3, ECS, etc.) and experience in high performance and data intensive platforms.
· Interest in learning new technologies, programming techniques, languages, and operating systems.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Experience in research, life sciences, or in data science is a plus.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work as part of a global team and, at times, independently while appropriately prioritizing tasks.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
· Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Learning for Imaging Applications, Generative Image Models.
· Experience working with geospatial images and toolsets - infrared, multispectral, spatial databases and/or photogrammetry.
Primary Location: APAC-India-Telangana-Hyderabad
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.