DuPont Seed Quality Testing Lab Coordinator in Johnston, Iowa
Seed Quality Testing Lab Coordinator (Job Number: PRO00008076)
Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? DuPont Pioneer currently has an opportunity for a Seed Quality Lab Coordinator to join our Johnston team. In this role you will coordinate labor activities of a major segment of a large seed quality testing facility. Site activities include germination, physical characterization, and purity sample preparation in accordance with applicable standards, procedures, policies, regulations and customer specifications, plans and work instructions, ISO and any other protocols or steps for conducting tests governing lab testing. Build upon your leadership skills by supervising a team of 9 direct reports. Connect and collaborate with a diverse population of seed quality testing labs across the globe. Come grow your career with DuPont Pioneer!
This positionwill be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Ensures samples are properly evaluated, and assures quality documentation and records to provide evidence testing requirements are being followed.
• Ensures employees are provided with proper and safe working environments, and that appropriate safety procedures are followed by lab personnel.
• Assists in internal and external audits.
• Attends required department or business planning meetings.
• May conduct or assist in conducting lab tours.
• Continues to develop additional skills which promote effective lab operations.
• Develops and monitors annual performance plans, provides on-going feedback and coaching on work assignments or resolution of issues, conducts performance reviews and salary recommendations, and guides and monitors professional development efforts.
Scheduling and Asset Utilization
• Coordinates with lab scheduler to conducts tests in a way to maximize labor utilization and efficiency.
• Ensures labor is fully utilized during peak testing times.
• Ensures supplies and equipment are ordered and provides for supplies inspection and storage suitable for testing purposes.
• Troubleshoot testing for errors and malfunctions.
• Prepares reports, organizes results for distribution to appropriate personnel.
• Conduct analysis and evaluation of data to determine quality of tested material.
• Provides technical support and training to site personnel.
• Communicates concerns related to quality, testing, employee and equipment to lab manager.
• Assists with employee relations issues, involving lab manager and human resources as necessary.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer
DuPont is an E-Verify employer
Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
In order to be qualified for this role,you must possess the following:
Two-year technical diploma/degree (Ag, Science, or HR)
4-6 years of relevant experience (seed science and/or productionagriculture)
(Equivalent education and/or experience will be considered)
Supervisory or leadership experience
Excellent communication, teamwork, coaching and leadership skills
Demonstrated computer proficiency, including use of MicrosoftOffice products
Self-starter with good organizational, customer service,problem-solving, and analytical skills. Ability to operate specializedlaboratory equipment.
Ability to manage a wide variety of assignments with continuallychanging priorities.
Must be proactive as well as solve problems and make decisions intime sensitive conditions.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintaineffective relationships.
The following are preferred:
Registered Seed Technologist
Quality testing experience
Primary Location: NA-United States-Iowa-Johnston
Education Level: Higher Degree
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.