DuPont Account Manager in Illinois
Account Manager (Job Number: SAL00004086)
DuPont Pioneer currently has an opening for an Account Manager in Illinois to lead the sales efforts for Pioneer Brand Products. Counties included are Green, Macoupin, Jersey and Calhoun.
What do we expect from you?
• Responsible for direct selling larger accounts within assigned territory.
• Team selling with local sellers to accounts in that area – includes on farm sales calls for both existing customers and prospects.
• Directly manage the assignment of customers and prospects to sales representatives.
• Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sellers.
Technical skills/product understanding:
• Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Pioneer products and services.
• Troubleshoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
• Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
• Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts which includes developing and maintaining the relationship and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale.
• Provide necessary skills and knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives.
• Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products/services, and build relationships.
• Serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
• Recruit, select, and retain a high quality professional sales force that can meet the needs of customers.
• Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
What you can expect from us:
• Comprehensive benefits package including:
Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
Sales incentive bonus plan
100% 401k company match
3 weeks paid time-off to start
12 paid holidays
• Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
• Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field
What do we need from you?
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
• At least 5 years sales experience, managing and coaching individuals.
• Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
• Agronomy and crop production practices preferred.
• Willingness to travel and work in a rural environment
• Ability to pass driving record background check
Primary Location: NA-United States-Illinois
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.