DuPont Strategic Account Manager in Aberdeen, South Dakota
Strategic Account Manager (Job Number: 017316W-01)
DuPont Pioneer has an opening for a Strategic Account Manager in the Aberdeen area. The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) role is responsible for implementing the direct sales process with selected Strategic Accounts within the Pioneer Services Business. Establish a sustainable business relationship with clients using DPP (Dynamic Pricing Platform) and coordinating the support to enable full utility of the service along with other future services offerings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Conducting business analysis of assigned accounts
Executing comprehensive call strategy
Delivering precision agronomy
Communicating product knowledge
Negotiating & coordinating value proposition delivery
Meet assigned unit and revenue targets
Develop value proposition to assist growers to achieve higher productivity
Lead the coordination of the support team to deliver on business needs analysis
Coordinate customer activities to provide support & strengthen relationship
Support the invoices process to all assigned accounts
Coordinate the delivery of precision agronomy, product knowledge, and agronomic service
Responsible for managing a list of 30-40 accounts stretching across 3 sales areas
Demonstrate the ability to increase penetration by calling on prospects building relationships that lead to new revenue opportunities
Understand customer needs and provide feedback to the organization on product performance, program effectiveness, and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve commercial area and territory goals.
Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations, and sales management developments.
Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Business, Marketing required, will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
7 years of Ag sales or field agronomy experience, managing and coaching individuals.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
· Solutions based selling methodology and technique
· Commodity grain trading, hedging and related grain merchandising practices
· Understanding and knowledge of marketing principles, tools and techniques
· Comfortable with mobile technology
· Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship requirements for the various technology products
· Company policies and procedures
Demonstrated skills in:
· Selling, negotiating, influencing, and handling objections
· Using computer hardware, software, video conferencing and mobile technology to work efficiently
· Multi-step sales process
· Managing multiple priorities, tasks, and initiatives simultaneously
Demonstrated ability to:
· Build/maintain strong relationships with key strategic customers, key industry/market influencers, and internal partners and teammates
· Work effectively within a team environment
· Understands the needs and values of partners and customers and to develop solutions to satisfy/retain
· Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions
· Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget
· Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business
Primary Location: NA-United States-South Dakota-Aberdeen
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.